And we’re not just saying that… National Volunteer Week officially kicks off today and runs until April 21st.
National Volunteer Week pays tribute to the millions of Canadian volunteers who donate their time and energy. It is the biggest celebration of volunteers and volunteerism this country has and we want you to be a part of the celebration!
Thank you to everyone in our community for your continues support and promotion of volunteerism and the hundreds of charities who rely on volunteers to pursue their mission.
Of course, none of this would happen if we didn’t have nearly 300 member organizations! If you want to volunteer, there’s definitely an opportunity or organization looking for your help.
Some highlights for the upcoming week:
- Want to volunteer, but not sure where to start? Check out our event on Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 called the Volunteer Rendez-Vous. Think of it as speed dating for volunteer opportunities! Meet with at least 10 different organizations looking for short-term and one-day volunteers.
- ChangeTheWorld also kicks off this week! It’s a three-week campaign aimed at high school students to encourage them to get out and volunteer!
- Watch for us on CTV2’s Morning Show this week, where the hosts are going out and getting involved with of our member orgs, including: the Ottawa Food Bank, Lanark County Interval House, Constance Creek Wildlife Refuge, and the Diefenbunker!
- Likewise, tune in to Rogers TV where you’ll see organizations like Starlight Children’s Foundation, Extendicare Medex, Kanata Food Cupboard, and Helping with Furniture!
- Keep your eyes peeled on our blog where we’ll be featuring volunteers and member organizations alike.