This month, Extendicare Medex celebrated their 40th Anniversary by inviting friends and family to their location for live music, great food, and great atmosphere.
Over 350 people crowded the grounds off baseline to take in the sunshine and sounds of summertime. Residents were surrounded by their families.
Extendicare-Medex is a long-term care facility located in the west end of Ottawa. They serve 193 residents, and provide 24-hour nursing care. Located near the Baseline Transitway station, it’s easily accessible!
If you’re interested in volunteering at Extendicare Medex, there is always a need for volunteers. Want to get involved sooner than later? Here are the current volunteer opportunities:
- Medical Appointment Escort – Help residents when family is not available, transportation can be provided by ParaTranspo
- Chinese food lunch assistant – Take part in a special Chinese Food Lunch once a month by setting up, serving up, and cleaning up
- Outing Escort – Get matched up with a resident and see the city together
- Friendly Visitor – Do you speak Amharic or Tigrigna? There’s a resident who’d love to chat!
- Talented Painters – Paint with the residents and bring some sunshine in art form
- French Visitor – Make someone’s day and come for a visit